Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Shakespeare's Birthday - April 23


By Susan Duncan

Susan is the Library Assistant at Lester B. Pearson High School, Calgary, Alberta Canada. 
She has kindly shared this impressive display for Shakespeare's Birthday.

Here are her comments:
'I wanted the display to look like an old book so I used a background of Shakespeare quotes on distressed paper. The border is cardboard, also distressed with water and spray paint. Finding a portrait of Shakespeare in poster size proved difficult, so I made my own. Just in case you think I am artistically inclined, I have to admit that I did both the background and portrait by projecting the design from a Word document onto paper and tracing it with markers. I placed the tri-fold on top of a bookcase filled with a variety of Shakespeare books, movies, and novels. It was a lot of work, but worth the time effort I put in.'

Thanks very much Susan - it's a wonderful display and well worth the effort as you can bring it out every year - that's if you can stop the English Department from stealing it first!

No comments: